Reports To: Senior Pastor Hours: 14 hrs./week
Pay Rate: $12.56/hr.
The custodian position is responsible for the care and general maintenance of the church building as well as for general lawn care maintenance, including lawnmowing and weed-whacking around the property.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors
- Maintain cleanliness of restrooms
- Maintain cleanliness of common areas and meeting spaces
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and consumable materials
- Keep building free from pests through normal pest control means
- Changing of lightbulbs and HVAC filters, as needed
- Minor repairs of plumbing and mechanical equipment and report major repairs to supervisor
- Mowing, edging/weed-whacking, and weeding of property
- Snow shoveling and salting of walkways as needed to maintain access during office hours (snow removal of parking lots is contracted by an outside agent)
- Setup and tear down of tables/chairs for meetings and events, as needed
Self-motivated and able to work independently
Models a commitment to humility and service to others
Able to complete all tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
Maintain a neat and presentable appearance
High-school diploma or equivalent
Valid drivers license with clean driving record
1-3 years experience in custodial/janitorial related work preferred
Able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
Able to lift at least 30lbs.
*Interested candidates should submit a resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com